Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Looked-for Booty Call...which never came

So, it's my last "real" weekend in Corpus as I figure, and I was hoping to NOT be sleeping alone tonight. Or last night. Naturally, things haven't worked out the way I was hoping they would because 1) G-d hates me. [Ok, ok, so yeah, I got Jesus fucked up on mezcal and took Him to a strip club, but geez, that was centuries ago!] , and 2) This is Corpus.

Anyway, last weekend I got a booty call from Crystal, Ms. Phase-5, at around 1:40am Saturday night, and the messages I got were very nicely in vino veritas. I thought she was going to be out of town, but apparently that didn't happen and she was out drinking heavily with her niece. I'd just barely overlapped her in a few choice locations. So why didn't I go? Well, there was still 20 minutes of drinking time left, and the fact that she'd started on "the green pills" a couple days prior. That, and she probably would have been unconscious by the time I would have made it to her place.

So, seeing as there wasn't much potential for anything "interesting" happening, even the morning after if I did go over, I didn't. The weekend before, I'd gotten another drunken booty call from her, but she didn't start calling until well past 4am when even I've given up and gone to bed.

So why not this weekend? Why do you never get the booty call when you're ready and really in the mood for it? It's Saturday night, I've been drinking downtown, and yeah, I left with a couple of new contacts, but where's Crystal? Supposedly she had a BBQ to go to earlier, and was doing schoolwork all weekend, but that's never stopped her. Ordinarily, I'd be happy with the contact info I'd gotten as a "successful evening", but just now, it doesn't seem to matter all that much. I'd really rather NOT be sleeping alone tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home