Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm a...Jew? Who knew?

My results from the Belief-o-Matic:

1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)
2. Sikhism (100%)
3. Bahá'í Faith (95%)
4. Reform Judaism (89%)

OK, I'd say Purim fits in well with this blog's main theme, although they obviously didn't ask my thoughts on the "Bacon Cheeseburger". But what about Conservative Judaism?

further down the list:

8. Hinduism (80%) [again, didn't ask my thoughts on a huge steak]
10. Neo-Pagan (70%) [there are some interesting people in this crowd, but generally speaking you're talking about the same group that dresses up as Klingons, with women who don't shave their legs, or women that are just in general really, really fat. On the upside, the few cute ones are generally easy, if they don't hate men.]
11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (67%) [I think Episcopal might be in here, but not sure]
14. New Age (59%) [ Ok, so I don't date Capricorns, does that count?]
16. Roman Catholic (56%) [...finally!]

Since I usually consider myself Episcopal, or "Anglican Catholic", it looks like my present religion is only scoring about a 61% here. FYI, "Anglican Catholic" is the more conservative side of Episcopalianism. Usually the service itself is indistinguishable from a Catholic Mass, although the priests are generally married (to women) and altar boys go unmolested.

At least I'm not with this crew...

19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (49%) [No thanks, I'll have another beer. Although I did try to read the Book of Mormon, and realized that the South Park depiction is right-on.]
22. Jehovah's Witness (40%)
23. Scientology (33%)





1 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Lick said...

Yeah, I was surprised to find out I rated Orthodox higher rather than Reform, even!

We've got plenty of liberals in the military, we're just more of the libertarian bent. Who like killing people and breaking things.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home